I'm eating some hash browns (slathered with Tapatio and pepper) as I type. ^_^

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
from Sarah


2 C Sugar
2 C Butter (at room temperature)
8 oz. Cream Cheese (again, at room temperature)
1 t Salt (freezing cold!! Just kidding...>_>)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (I added this because I was afraid of the density, with all that butter and cheese)
1 t Almond Extract
1 t Vanilla
1/4 cup milk (or 2 egg yolks, or 1 egg)
5 C Flour

In a large bow, combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond extract vanilla and egg yolk; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. Stir in Flour until well blended. Chill dough 2 hours.

Heat oven to 375˚F. On lightly floured surface roll out dough, one fourth at a time. to 1/8" thickness. Cut into desired shape with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1" apart on un-greased cookie sheets.

Bake for 7-10 (I did 13, but my oven's funny) minutes or until light golden brown. Cool Completely. Frost and Decorate if desired. (They are actually really good plain I think)

Makes 5-6 Dozen cookies.

And I frosted them with:

Cream Cheese Frosting
adapted from BHG New Cookbook, the 1996 edition

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 1/2-3/4 cups powdered sugar

Beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together until there are no lumps remaining. Add in 2 cups of the powdered sugar, and beat in enough of the remaining sugar to get your frosting to the desired consistency.

I also added in 1/4 cup milk, just because...well, I don't remember why. I just wanted to. >_<>